"Leading the way in creating new narratives for new times"
- British Theatre Guide
"One of the most amazing musicians I know"
- Anna Lapwood
"The Gershwins would be proud"
- London Theatre Reviews
"Golden ears and a lovely guy"
- Gareth Malone OBE
"Spectacular musical extravaganza"
- The Stage
"A pleasure to work with"
- Sir James MacMillan
"Bat-eared master of diplomacy"
- Francis MacDonald
"Very, very striking"
- Judith Weir CBE
"So slick and perfect, absolutely gorgeous"
- Sally Nugent, BBC Breakfast
COMPOSER / ARRANGER
"Do you want to try my glasses?"
- Uber driver
WATCH • LISTEN • READ
Bobby has just launched a brand new podcast - Legally Blind - where he chats to other visually impaired creative professionals. He aims to help make conversations about blindness and disability in general more normalised, and show how a range of individuals have not only coped with sight loss, but developed ways to really thrive with it. Check out the latest episode here:
A highly versatile musical director, arranger, composer and pianist, Bobby’s work has taken him to venues such as the National Theatre, Royal Albert Hall, Cadogan Hall, and to tours and festivals across the UK, Europe, USA, Asia & the Antipodes. His work has been featured on Classic FM, Decca Records, BBC One, Radio 5Live, Radio Wales, Comedy Central and Sky Sports. His work ethic and natural, accomplished musicianship have made him a favourite among theatres, record labels and arts venues.
Bobby has an eyesight condition called Stargardt's Macular Dystrophy which prevents him from sight-reading music and carrying out many everyday tasks. However, this gives him a unique opportunity to approach music from a different angle and has helped his aural skills develop to an extraordinarily high level. Read more...
He holds a 1st-class BA in Music from Oxford University and trained in Music Production and Sound Engineering at Abbey Road Institute.
- Bobby has just launched a brand new podcast Legally Blind with Acast where he chats to other visually impaired creatives.
- Bobby is this year's Musical Director of the award-winning panto at the Hounslow Arts Centre - Dick Whittington
- Bobby is working on an R&D at Leeds Playhouse with Shoenfeld & Burt on a new musical - Otto Weidt's Brush & Broom Workshop for the Blind
- Bobby is producing tracks for Series 5 of The Musical Life Of... on BBC Radio Wales
- Bobby will be the MD/Arranger for the UK tour of Legends: The Divas - music by Diana Ross, Whitney Houston & Beyoncé
- Currently developing music and script for a brand new musical...
- Performing regularly in London's West End piano bars and a variety of private events